Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Writing Technologies

Sitting down and trying to think about what writing tools I utilize on a daily basis seemed like an easy task at first. I figured it would be a piece of cake after thinking for about ten minutes, then I was quick to realize that this might not be as easy as I had hoped. I felt the best way to discover this answer would be to go throughout my day as I normally would and then as I would record any notes, or data I could make a mental note of what "tool" I used. As time passed I used numerous pens and pencils to take notes in my classes, however I also found myself using sharpies and highlighters along with my keyboard as I typed away. While the sharpie and highlighter were for special occasions, I noticed that I always found myself using a pen or my computer to accomplish my daily writing tasks. And while my pen has always been my trusty companion since I was in middle school, I have spent more time typing up projects and papers on my computer than I have written notes for the past two years. Ever since I began college, my computer has been at my side almost always unless I was reading a textbook or writing down some class notes. And while I am open to trying out new ways of recording my daily tasks or notes, I must say that whenever I have been asked to color in images or write in color, I avoid this at all costs. For some odd reason I have a pet peeve about reading over words that aren't in a black or blue font....I must be crazy? Right...

2 comments:

  1. Good points here-- makes me think of my own pen preferences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized another important after taking some class notes. Ever since I came to college, my handwriting and ability to concentrate while writing has become horrid. The keyboard is slowly ruining my handwriting abilities.

    ReplyDelete